- File Resolution and Trapping: File quality should be print quality 300dpi minimum. Requirements for Spreads/Choke/Grip is 0.176mm/0.5pt.
- Colour: We can print upto 8 colours (including a varnish). All Artwork should be provided in CMYK, with any spot colours indicated, if artwork printing cmyk, all spot colours should be converted to cmyk; if printing spots leave as spots. Our four colour print sequence is Yellow, Cyan, Magenta and Black.
- Spot White or Varnish: Please indicate on Artwork the position of these plates, the in a colour usually blue or pink save as a spot and named spot white or spot varnish. See figure 2.
- File Formats Acceptable: Please ensure all artwork is saved in CMYK. RGB is not print colour and does not display print colour for print correctly. We can accept PDF, Illustrator EPS, Photoshop EPS, Tiff and jpeg, please note jpeg files tend to darken the colour; gifs are not acceptable as are low quality.
When saving final files for print all layers and transparency should be merged or printing results might vary from what you see.
- Fonts: All fonts should be outlined or supplied or embedded before sending for print.
- Bleed: fig.1 when artwork goes to the edge of the page graphics should be extended at least 1.5mm to ensure clean trim.